House and Land Packages 101
House and land packages offer a great solution to common problems faced by first home buyers; the land has already been sourced by a professional New Home Consultant, and paired with a home design that perfectly suits its size and shape. It’s the most convenient way to build a new home!
If you’re looking to build for the first time, seeing the total price upfront with a house and land package makes it easier to prepare a budget. Choosing a house and land package can make the process of obtaining finance for your new home more straightforward and can save you a lot of time.
You can even select a turnkey option if you wish, meaning that the finishing touches like flooring and blinds are completed for you! All you have to do is turn the key and your home is ready to go.
How much should I spend on a house and land package?
There are 3 main cost variables when building a house and land package, and the amount you ultimately spend will depend on these 3 things:
- House and Inclusions: The house and inclusions you choose will affect the price of your house and land package. For example, the total size of your home and the number of bedrooms/bathrooms in the design. There are also lots of decisions to be made when it comes to what inclusions you want in your new home; we recommend leaving a little extra budget for any special home upgrades you have your eye on that are above and beyond the quality features in our standard specifications.
- Location: The location you choose can be the biggest factor on the overall price of your house and land package. A block that is located near the beach, or close to the city, will likely require a higher budget; whereas choosing a lot in a new land estate a little further out from the city may offer much better bang for your buck in terms of land size and availability. The size of your chosen block is also a factor; most land estates have a variety of block sizes available to suit different budgets and needs.
- Site works: The site works that are needed to get your block ready to build on can vary depending on what exactly needs doing, a lot that is completely flat and is clear will cost a lot less to prepare than one that is not level and has rocks or trees that need removing. If your preferred lot is in a bushfire zone, coastal zone, or noisy area, it may also require additional protective measures that would affect your site costs; talk to your builder about what’s needed for your chosen location.
In general, Momu house and land packages are usually available for between $350,000 and $550,000 depending on location.
House and Land Packages in Perth: Where Should I Build?
The right place to build will vary from person to person; one family’s wants and needs will not be the same as the next. Are you focused on resale value? Do you want a big backyard? Which amenities would you like to live near? Do you need to be near your child’s school or your workplace?
When selecting your land, there are a few tips that will help you select the right location for your house and land package:
1. Consider the orientation of the block; which areas will get the most sun?
2. Consider the outlook of the block; are you lucky enough to have a view?
3. Check out the street and the local area; do you like the neighbourhood?
4. Investigate nearby amenities; for example shops, parks, and schools?
5. Look at the land pricing; is this area a suitable choice for your budget?
To look at some locations of House and Land Packages that are available both north of the river and south of the river, click the following links.
What kind of house can I build?
Think about your dream home design… Our homes are super flexible; maybe you are after a scullery, a workshop, or a kids activity area! Start browsing here or chat to a Momu consultant, who can can create a custom package just for you.