Having the freedom and ability to design a home that perfectly suits your needs and lifestyle is extremely appealing, and there are some substantial benefits as well.
Custom built homes offer the client a level of flexibility that buying an off-the-plan home doesn’t. If you have found the perfect block in your preferred location, your home can be customised to suit the orientation of the block, to maximise views or to fit within any unique features of the block, such as slopes or established trees or gardens.
More control over budget
Setting a budget and sticking to it is often more attainable when you are part of the design process. It’s allows you to be able to choose what features are most important to you, so that you can direct more of your funds towards those areas.
The best part of designing your own home would have to be incorporating your own unique features. No two families are the same, everyone has different priorities and a custom build allows for this.
If you love to entertain, then an extra-large living and alfresco zone may be top of your list, or perhaps you have a big family and need an extra bedroom or a games room; this is your perfect chance to get creative.
Often clients need to accommodate multiple generations of their family, so designing a home with privacy and functionality for all ages is a priority.
Tips for creating your dream home
Momu is a Perth home builder that specialises in helping you design your own home. The staff are there to guide you through the whole process and their aim is to help you achieve your vision. To set you on the right path to planning, we have put together some tips –
- Browse home design magazines, Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest for inspiration
- Spend a few weekends visiting display homes
- Speak to family and friends and ask them what they like and don’t like about their own homes
- Think about your previous and current residences, what worked and what didn’t?
- Make a mood board including pictures of rooms you like, paint and fabric colour swatches, furniture pictures… anything that inspires you
- Ask the family members who will be living there what’s important to them in a home
- Although you are designing your own home, look at as many house plans as you can. Note down any ideas that you want to incorporate into your build
- Make sure you know what you want as far as taps, bench top colours, tile selections etc
- Think about the furniture you own and how it can be incorporated into your room designs
- Work out a budget
- Talk to the experts, your Builder is wealth of knowledge and can help you understand the ins and outs of the design journey.
There is no better way to ensure the finished product meets your standards and reflects your lifestyle and personality than by being closely involved in every aspect of the design. Not to mention the great satisfaction and pride you will get from playing such a huge part in bringing your home to fruition.
So, what are you waiting for?
Take a chance and you’ll see that designing your home is an exciting and rewarding time!